Peter Navarro: ‘Three Strikes‘ and China‘s ZTE ‘Out‘

Chinese technology company ZTE Corp will be "shut down" in the United States if it engages in one more bad activity, White House trade adviser Peter Navarro told Fox on Sunday.

ZTE last week agreed to pay a $1 billion fine to the United States and to overhaul its leadership to end a ban that has crippled its key businesses. The ban traces back to a breach of the U.S. embargo on trade with Iran.

Speaking on Fox, Navarro said, "It's going to be three strikes you're out on ZTE. If they do one more additional thing, they will be shut down. We have a bad actor in ZTE…President (Donald Trump) did this as a personal favor to the president of China as a way of showing some good will."

Navarro also blasted Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau Sunday, echoing the sentiments of White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow. Both suggested he had double-crossed Trump by saying one thing in private and then criticizing Trump on-camera after the G-7 summit Saturday.

"There’s a special place in hell for any foreign leader that engages in bad faith diplomacy with President Donald J. Trump and then tries to stab him in the back on the way out the door," Navarro told Chris Wallace.

"That's what bad faith Justin Trudeau did with that stunt press conference. That's what weak, dishonest Justin Trudeau did, and that comes right from Air Force One," he continued.

"To my friends in Canada, that was one of worst political miscalculations of a Canadian leader in modern Canadian history."